Last Updated on December 21, 2022 by hassan abbas
WPS is the most popular choice for setting up a Comfast range extender. However, there are situations when this strategy doesn’t pan out, and your extender stops functioning entirely. We recommend manually configuring your extender as a means of resolving the Comfast WiFi extender not working problem.
If you’re installing a WiFi range extender for the first time, this guide will give you a little push in the right direction. We’ll go through the necessary procedures for first-time users. It follows that you may bypass the preliminary procedures if you have previously completed them. On the other hand, it’s easy to double-check whether you’ve done everything properly during the configuration of your Comfast range extender. Okay, so let’s begin.
Fix – Comfast WiFi Range Extender Not Working
- Plug In Your Extender’s Antennae
Remove the extender’s antenna caps and plug them into the ports. Make sure the antennas are properly mounted and in the correct location.
- Position Your Extender Properly
Once you have a WiFi range extender, the next step is to decide where to put it. Pick a spot that’s not just convenient for getting electricity, but also near to your router.
- Turn on the Extender
If you’re done with the placement and want to switch on the extender, you should connect it to an electrical outlet and press the power button. Verify that your gadget is receiving an acceptable amount of electricity. To get your extender going, you need to push its power button as well.
- Connect Your WiFi Devices
It’s time to link your router to the extender. You can either make use of an Ethernet cable or go with a wireless source in order to connect your WiFi devices. However, the connection is supposed to be strong.
- Start Up a Web Browser
When you’re ready to configure your WiFi extender, you may do so once you’ve connected your device to it. Here are the steps you need to take to set up your Comfast WiFi extender
- Open your preferred web browser. Check that the browser you want to use is the most recent version available.
- Now, in your browser’s address box, type in the default IP and fill in the login information.
- To proceed to the WiFi range extender setup page, choose the Next > button.
- You must now decide which existing WiFi network you want to expand.
- Having made your selection, proceed by clicking Next.
- You must now configure your extender’s network name and password.
- Get in the habit of using a strong and different password for everything.
- To continue, please click the Next button.
- Verify the Extender’s Signal Strength
In this step, you have successfully completed the installation of your Comfast range extender. Your extender is free to be moved anywhere you choose. There are a few things to think about before physically moving your extender. Here is a list of them:
- Your chosen new location for the range extender must be in radio contact with the original router.
- Set up the repeater at a spot where there’s either no signal at all or very weak transmissions.
- Keep your range extender away from potential interference sources such as mobile phones, baby monitors, microwaves, refrigerators, Bluetooth gadgets, etc.
Here, we’ve included some extra pointers to help you get the most out of your extender.
- Verify that the Ethernet cable used to link the router and the range extender is in good condition, free of cuts and nicks.
- Keep the extender in a cool area.
All done here, people! This post was written with the intention of assisting you in resolving the problem of your Comfast extender not functioning. We hope that you’re now aware of how to set up Comfast WiFi extender
Apart from this if you are interested to know more about Extender Red Light Issue then visit our Technology category