The Annapurna Base Camp Trek is the most popular treks in Nepal, and probably in the world as well. The major attracting factor in this amazing trek is that in a small-time, it shows you the allure of nature that ranges from glistening peaks to densely forested trails. Our 11-days Annapurna Base Camp Trekking package is professionally designed choosing the best route that follows the ancient trekking trail, which commences from Nayapul and leads to the majestic Annapurna Base Camp. During the Annapurna Base Camp trek, you will get to see excellent views of many Himalayan mountains like Annapurna Range (8,091 m), Mt. Dhaulagiri (8,167 m), Mt. Nilgiri (7,061 m), Mt. Machhapuchhre (6,993 m), Mt. Gangapurna (7,455 m), etc.
Annapurna Base Camp Trek 11-days begins from Pokhara from where you will drive to the starting point of the trek, Nayapul. The trail then goes along dense forests and take you to beautiful Ghandruk village. Further, you will trek through Chomrong village and Himalaya. On the way, you will also pass by Machhapuchhre Base Camp. A little ahead lies the Annapurna base camp, which is the major highlight of this trek. Relish at the sight of numerous glistening mountains and slowly move down by crossing villages like Deurali, Bamboo, and Jhinu Danda. From Jhinu Danda, descend to Nayapul and catch a vehicle that leads to Pokhara, which ends this amazing journey.
- Day 1Arrival in Kathmandu via respective Airlines.
- Day 2Drive to Pokhara (950 m); 6 hrs drive.
- Day 3Drive to Nayapul and trek to Ghandruk (1,940 m); 1 hr drive & 4 hrs trek.
- Day 4Trek to Chomrong village at (2,170 m); 6 hrs.
- Day 5Trek to Himalaya (2,920 m); 7-8 hrs.
- Day 6Trek to Annapurna Base Camp (4,130m) via Deurali (3,200 m); 5 hrs.
- Day 7Trek back to Bamboo (2,310 m); 6 hrs.
- Day 8Trek to hot spring of Jhinu Danda (1,780 m); 5 hrs.
- Day 9Trek to Nayapul (6hrs) and drive to Pokhara;1 hr.
- Day 10Drive back to Kathmandu and transfer to your hotel.
- Day 011Transfer to International Airport for flight homeward bound.
What to Expect
- Standard twin sharing accommodation in hotel in Kathmandu; Breakfast included.
- All your standard Meals during the trek (Breakfasts, Lunches and Dinners) one item menu.
- Tea house accommodation during the trek (shared room).
- Licensed English speaking guide.
- The required number of local staff and porters to carry your luggage during the trek (We assign one porter for every two guests).
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staff.
- Annapurna Conservation Area permits and TIMS permit for trekking.
- Surface transfer from and to Kathmandu.
- Farewell dinner in typical Nepali Restaurant with cultural dance show on second last day.
- Duffel bag during the trek (should be returned to us)
- All our government taxes, vat, tourist service charges.
- Rescue service arrangement only (covered by your travel insurance)
- Official expenses.
Here is the list of things you should carry during the ABC Trek:
- T-shirts and Pants (Innerwear).
- Thermal Wears.
- Lightweight woolen jumper/sweater.
- Down jacket or down vest.
- Fleece or wool trousers.
- Breathable Underwears.
- Trekking Pants/Shoes/Socks.
- Casual Sandals.
- Insulating Jacket.
- Rain jacket.
- Sleeping bag.
- Trekking Pole.
- Toiletries (sunscreen, Multipurpose Soap, Shampoo, Hand sanitizer, Toilet Paper, Sanitary pads, Lip guard, moisturizers, etc).
- Miscellaneous (Binoculars, eye mask, camera, extra batteries, journal, cards, bars, snacks, water purification tablets, etc).
- Documents (passport, visa, travel insurance, voucher, passport-sized photos).
Food and Accommodation during Annapurna Base Camp trekking:
During your time in Annapurna base camp trek, you will be spending your nights in hotels if you are staying in major cities. The hotels here range from 3-star to 5-star and are filled with necessary commodities like the internet, hot shower, and spacious rooms.
While on the trail, these lavish hotels won’t be available. You will have to make do with simple lodges and teahouses. In terms of food, you won’t eat anything fancy while you are trekking. However, dishes like noodles, momo, rice, curries, flatbread, thukpa, and egg will be available.
Best Season to go on Annapurna Base Camp trek:
The beauty of the Annapurna region can be better experienced during post-monsoon, which starts in October and lasts till mid-December. During this time, the views of mountains are simply amazing plus the balance in temperature is also perfect. Also, the Dashain festival lies in mid-October, which makes the trekking environment lively and enthusiastic. There is a different vibe in the trails during Dashain. There are options to take this trek in Spring as well, but the best time to explore it is undoubtedly Autumn.
Annapurna Base Camp Trek Cost:
Annapurna Base Camp Trek cost rate can verify from Suddh News to company and the facilities you are choosing during the trek. As per your budget, you can always customize your trip. The general cost includes Kathmandu – Pokhara single way flights, all ground transportation as per itinerary, permits, accommodation, meals, guide, and porters. However, things like travel insurance, visa fees, trekking equipment, personal expenses, tips are not included in the cost.
- Carry insect repellents and table salts.
- Collect adequate information on the weather and temperature.
- Get yourself a good map.
- Pack light.
- Maintain body hydration.
- Walk slow.
- Carry hand cash.
- Do not get obsessed over network and internet; spend some quality time in nature.